Meditation Myths by Stephanie
Lately I've been teaching & leading a lot of meditation. More then ever, people need a retreat from their mind and the stress of daily living. I agree.
In the process of teaching and leading meditation, I have found the biggest obstacles to people starting and maintaining a consistent meditation practice is a result of 3 myths...or beliefs we tell ourselves:
1. I have no time.
2. I am too anxious and can't sit still.
3. I keep having "too many" thoughts.
1. No time? Think opportunity to create time for what matters. When something is a priority, we make time. We learn to let go of less important "things". Meditationdoesn't have to take more than 5 minutes a day when starting out. When we get really good, living life in the present moment becomes the meditation.
2. If we are anxious and unable to sit still, it's a strong sign we would benefit from meditation. Less doing, more being.
3. As long as we're alive, we'll have thoughts. The whole point of meditation is to come into right relationship with our thoughts so they don't control us!! Meditation practice teaches us how to discipline the mind. We learn how to create space between thoughts and decide which thoughts we wish to follow. Remember, thoughts are energy and what we think we become.
Want to learn more and get support?
Try a learn to meditate session with me. Questions? Email me.