guilt shame commitment
"The key to your heart lies hidden in the heart of another." -Swami Kripalu
I was back at the mothership (Kripalu) this weekend. What a joy! Pictured above is Dancing Shiva who represents transformation, a favorite topic.
While there and listening to our collective stories about life, I was reminded how tender, vulnerable, and often unworthy we can feel when speaking out about our goals, intentions, and desires.
We may think, "Who am I to have what my heart desires?"
Why is that?
For many of us it's old shame and guilt we carry. It's our own, it's our ancestors, it's the collective.
Bottom line- The vibrations of shame and guilt are very low and prevent us from living our life fully.
As I've been writing about- we can be connected, have clarity, and be committed yet nothing shifts if we are carrying this old toxic energy.
What can you do?
You can heal this energy on all levels- body, mind, and spirit by releasing it with LOVE.
It's one of the main reasons I offer energy healing. It's powerful and we can heal 7 generations back and forward.
Are you ready to live fully?
If so, I invite you to try an energy healing session with me.
Warning: it's powerful and like Dancing Shiva above, you will be transformed. Yay!
pregnancy massage in bronxville
Massage During Pregnancy?
Benefits of prenatal massage are many to both you and your baby.
In fact, in societies where there is more touch...well-being improves.
In addition to helping with sleep and relaxation, prenatal massage can:
Relieve back pain, stiff neck, edema or swelling, headache, leg cramps and joint pain.
We use a state-of-the-art pregnancy pillow ideal for any stage of pregnancy and for clients who've had recent breast surgery or suffer from lower back problems.
Prenatal massage is safe in your first trimester with your doctor's approval.
Balance your body with therapeutic bodywork.
Improve mobility, flexibility, and posture while decreasing pain and relieving stress.
Our therapeutic offerings including Lymphatic Drainage, CBD Massage, Deep Tissue / Sports Massage, Assisted Stretching, and Cupping.
Looking for something even more relaxing?
Try our BWS Signature Massage custom designed for your specific body needs.
connection, clarity, commitment
"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… These are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence." Confucius
The last few weeks we've been speaking about goals, intentions, habits, and what we want to create for 2023.
How's it going for you?
What does it take to make it happen?
In my own experience of life and watching clients, it's incredible what can shift in 12 months when we are connected, clear, and committed.
What do I mean?
1. Connection - this is all about getting quiet and creating stillness & space in our daily life to listen. It's about creating an opening, a doorway, a portal to do the work of knowing thyself. It takes willingness and consistent effort to invest in the relationship we have with self. Act of Self-Love.
2. Clarity - once we are connected, we begin to ask ourselves the important questions that shape our life. As I've shared before, I use 5 categories: spiritualty, health, family, business, and contribution. We learn about who we are, and what matters NOW. We begin to let go of who we think we are, who we are forcing ourselves to be and /or who others want us to be. Act of Liberation.
3. Commitment - once we are connected and start getting some (yes, even a teeny tiny bit!) clarity, we must take consistent action. Nothing changes without aligned, inspired action. Act of Doing.
You're worth it! I support you.
speaking up with grace
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -Martin Luther King Jr.
I love this quote. It beautifully exemplifies what MLK dedicated his life to, and now his legacy.
His work reminds me about the importance of using our voice to advocate for what really matters to us.
When I reflect back on my life, I realize of one of the greatest skills I have learned is how to gracefully navigate challenging, highly emotional charged interactions.
I learned because I am dedicated to raising consciousness on the planet and enhancing well being for all people and animals. For a long time I didn't know how to speak up with grace. It cost me.
Instead I showed up as a judging, intense, impatient, controlling, intellectual know it all. Instead of building up a relationship, I often did the opposite. Sometimes I even intimidated people!
I was allowing my emotions to rule me rather than inform me.
I was "justifying" the rightness of my behavior because I felt my cause was sincere. I was reacting. I was creating divisiveness.
The truth is - the divisiveness was within. I was frustrated at myself for not using my voice to effect positive change because I was both afraid and unskilled.
Like most of us, as a child I didn't learn how to deal with my emotions in a healthy way. They were either repressed, and then I would blow up like a volcano. Or, I would stay silent and suffer internally.
When I got tired of not getting the results I wanted, I was ready to learn new ways.
If you're still reading, you may be wondering what those new ways are. I will break them down to 5.
1. I was willing to look in the mirror with compassion and forgiveness for myself and for others. I adopted the mantra, we are all doing our best, based on our level of awareness. We know better, we do better.
2. I was willing to change and give others the benefit of the doubt. I knew most of the time we could create a win/win if we could put our defenses down and find the shared value/vision/interest.
3. I was willing to be vulnerable - to actually be seen and heard without fear of rejection and abandonment.
4. I was willing to humbly stand in my power, grow up, and stop wasting time.
5. I was willing to get support in the areas I was unable to "see" & be held accountable.
Being willing has paid off handsomely in all areas of my life.
While I don't look for challenging interactions, they abound.
Whether I am dealing with an unhappy client who disagrees with our policies or is unwilling to let us make it right, or asking my husband to take on more of the household chores, I strive to interact with grace.
By grace I mean with compassion, kindness, love, respect, integrity, sincerity, forgiveness, and non-attachment if it goes sideways. After all, I can't (and frankly don't care to) control them. What I can control is how I show up.
Imagine if we all learned how to communicate with grace? Imagine if we felt safe to speak up and felt safe to listen?
As MLK teaches us, we must speak up and advocate for what matters.
Remember-->It's HOW we do it that determines the impact.
Namaste Fellow Travelers,