You don't need to cook Brussels sprouts. Why not try eating them raw!
For the salad:
- 9oz Brussels sprouts, shredded or finely sliced
- 1 grated green apple, core removed
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 3oz walnuts, chopped
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the sprouts, apple, onion and walnuts in a large bowl and mix well. Squeeze in the lemon juice and coat well to prevent the apple from browning.
- For the dressing, add all ingredients into a jar and secure the lid on firmly. Shake well to combine, adding a little water if needed to loosen.
- Drizzle over the salad and serve straight away!